Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,224Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus EM10 Raw conversion for Lightroom
In reply to exdeejjjaaaa, 5 months ago

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

Banger wrote:

I think Adobe should spend more time on their RAW development software rather than advertising to convince us we should be using their cloud based software.

neither LR nor PS CC/ACR are cloud based

Rgds, Rob

(PS Note that some forum contributors have come up with extensive LR presets to better process E-M1 RAW files .......shouldn't be necessary if Adobe delivered a soundly researched software product.)

it is, as it allows you to create whatever extensive presets you want according to your own taste... look the mere fact that you have no clue how to use the product does not mean that the product is bad, it simply means that your do not master it properly.

Well, said. I have no problems with the rendering of E-M1 files. But some people seem to think that Lightroom should render any raw file perfectly even without editing. It is Adobe's clear policy to provide a rather "neutral" base as a start so that everybody can prepare its own style without being preoccupied. For better quick results Adobe provides different camera profiles anyway.

The worst are the cases, where people try to copy Olympus' JPEG engine to recreate the so called "Olympus colors". In my opinion, a futile approach, when shooting RAW. If someone wants Olympus colors, one should use JPEG.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow