Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skhdesigns
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
New Canon Pro-100... warm results
8 months ago

Just set up my new Pro-100 using drivers and software from the Canon website. Two problems so far:

I printed my first 8 x 10 print using Canon's Print Studio Pro software via Lightroom 5.3, letting the printer and associated driver decide on print management. On LR, I chose 'let printer manage' and chose paper type (Canon pro luster). From Print Studio Pro, I chose paper type, high quality and printed from there. The result was pleasing (brightness & contrast right on), but noticeably warm compared to my monitor, which is an IPS Viewsonic and NOT calibrated (although I am using an ICC profile for it I found online). Is the added warmth likely just the result of my uncalibrated monitor? What is the best way to cool things down a bit, hopefully in a way I can use again and again (maybe a preset I can save)? Maybe I can do this within LR soft proofing? I don't care to shell out for the calibration system right now.

My other problem is that I have been unable to access the XPS printer driver. In Printers & Devices (Win 7) and in the printer driver dropdown list, it shows two Pro-100 printers: One called Pro-100 and one called Pro-100 XPS. But only the Pro-100 (non XPS) printer choice works without error. When I right click the XPS printer, it shows both XPS and regular Pro 100 choices (the XPS driver is not visible on the printer called Pro-100) and a yellow exclamation mark indicating a problem. I have tried reinstalling the driver, running printer troubleshooting, making XPS the default printer. No success, getting generic message that says "error printing" in a popup dialog. Any ideas to get this working?

Thanks, Dave

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow