Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phrenzy
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
Olympus E-10 and E-20
6 months ago

With all this praise lavished on the E-1 lately (of which I have been a happy participant) it got me thinking of a couple cameras I see pop up on my regular fleaBay trawl that don't seem to get talked about much, the E-10/20.

I've found a little info on them but all of it basically from on or near the time of their release so there isn't much on how they have aged or how they would fare today compared to say the E-1. I figure there must be a couple slightly older Olympus faithful here who have owned or at least used one or both.

Does it share the 5mp Kodak sensor from the E-1? I know they are fixed lens but given their price when new and their positioning as high end cameras would I be right to guess the lenses are pretty hot stuff? I've also seen the tcon telextenders that screw on to the fixed lenses but this can't be an optically efficient way to do things can it?

Given how madly happy I am with my E-1 I'm thinking this might be an interesting working addition to my Olympus collection (I'm pretty dedicated to the idea that one day soon some of the nicer old DSLRs are going to be beloved and desired collectables). So can anyone give some 2014 perspective on these cameras?

phrenzy's gear list:phrenzy's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-410 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-520 +13 more
Olympus E-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow