7D Auto ISO vs. fixed ISO?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
birdbrain
Senior MemberPosts: 3,251Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D Auto ISO vs. fixed ISO?
In reply to RGF, 6 months ago

RGF wrote:

Using auto ISO today (over cast and low light) all of my images out of focus. looking at the info it showed the ISO at 3200. I am using the 7D with a 100-400 L lens. Really got no keepers. I am having difficulty comprehending the ISO setting as some say they never use Auto - I guess now I see why? Any suggestions on camera settings would be helpful. I used M, AV, and TV modes.

Thanks,

RGF

Auto ISO is brilliant, when used in the right situations

I shoot lots of planes at air-shows, I am tracking these across the sky doing my best to keep them in the frame

I have to rely on the camera to make the exposure for me, I shoot TV with a shutter speed of 1/250 and auto ISO and anything from +1 to +2 EC as I am shooting against the sky. I use Auto ISO and it works excellently.

If you want to see results of using Auto ISO go to my Flickr site and look at the planes in the sky they were all Auto ISO 7D with 100-400 mostly.

Here's one:

-- hide signature --

Phil
I wondered why the ball kept getting bigger, then it hit me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philthebirdbrain/sets/

birdbrain's gear list:birdbrain's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow