Felts
Regular MemberPosts: 311Gear list
Like?
Re: Disapointed in my Df.
In reply to brianric, 5 months ago

brianric wrote:

j_photo wrote:

brianric wrote:

I was shooting a Relay for Life last night to 6 AM this morning at a local college and decided to use my Df. I had it set up for flash, AF-C single point, center point, focus priority. The Df struggled to lock focus in what I would consider in light, while low, not all that bad. I had to switch to AF-S, and the red AF-assist illuminator in order to lock focus. When I had a small break in the action I replaced the Df with my D800. With the same initial setup the D800 nailed the focus instantaneously 100% of the time.

At some point as light decreases, the D800 should come out ahead. I would be interested to know at what exposure (shutter, aperture, ISO) were you seeing the problem?

I took a picture with no flash, and it was f/4.0 at 1/80 at ISO 3200.

I have to say I'm very surprised at this... I'm almost always shooting in darker conditions than this (f2.8, 1/60, ISO 6400) is very common for me. I shoot AF-S, centre point. I don't have any problems acquiring focus. I also don't feel like I'm 'bragging' about this either but just presenting my findings...

Lens selection has to play a part in the differing evaluation too;-)

-- hide signature --
 Felts's gear list:Felts's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Df
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow