ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ibecksagain
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Adding D5300 to my lineup?
5 months ago

Hi,

Quick intro:  I've been using Nikon DSLRs for about 10 years and currently have a D700 and D200, 24-70mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, 70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 105mm and a couple of others.

Up to now I've only shot stills on DSLRs but I worked in Film & TV for several years and do a bit of filmmaking with phones and GoPros but I find it difficult to create nice detail shots to set the scene without control over the aperture and focus.  Hence why I'm now considering adding a D5300 to my kit (and possibly selling the D200).  I have also considered upgrading the D700 to a D800 but I think the ability to do 1080p 60fps on the D5300 would be a nice match for the GoPro footage and to be honest I can't justify the extra money for a D800.

The D5300 looks like being a very capable option for video, if you overlook the whole changing the aperture in live view issue!  Is there anything else you think I should take into consideration?

Thanks!

Nikon D200 Nikon D5300 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow