Why don't you just do UPSAMPLING and forget the D400!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,823Gear list
Like?
Why don't you just do UPSAMPLING and forget the D400!
5 months ago

I would think that all you need is software and some special hardware, and heck! might as well get a new fast i7 CPU and a top notch motherboard, fast memory, and some solid state hard drives, and forget about the damn D400 and keep using or buying D300 and D700 cameras.

Everyone KNOW that those cameras will not be duplicated anymore, and you better start getting used to the plastic stuff

I did a temporary job at USC Los Angeles and a friend of mine that works there was telling me about UPSAMPLING photos, meaning, increasing the resolution that you are getting from your existing 12MP D300 and make it look like a D800.  I guess you can upsample ANY image or video that you have.

I didn't have lots of time talking about this subject but i thought that was VERY VERY interesting. I want to find out more about what is required, if only special software, or hardware as well.

Do any of you know about this process and would something like this work for your needs in wanting those Higher Resolution images? Why not just use a DIFFERENT method and stick it to THE MAN, you know, NIKON?

I guess is either that, or just get a D4

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D4 Nikon D40 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow