Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WilbaW
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,654Gear list
Like?
*** Mini-Challenge 401 - Double Exposure ***
4 months ago

Thanks a bunch to Randy for hosting MC 400 and choosing me to host this one.

Time for a technical challenge - the classic double exposure.

In the olden days we did it with the camera (sometimes accidentally), but most digital cameras don't have a feature to do that, so we have to do it in the digital darkroom. Don't be deterred if you haven't done that before! I will post an example with instructions on how to do it in a reply to this post, so no whining allowed about not being able to do it.

I don't expect everyone will have lots of double exposure images ready to post, so I encourage you to go and shoot something for the purpose and have a go at doing it.

In the judging I will be looking for doubles made up of two images that make sense together, like two aspects of the same subject, scene, theme, location, event, concept... I won't be impressed by doubles that look like two old random unconnected images hastily mashed together.

To give you a full week to shoot and edit some images, this challenge will end at 08:00AM on Tuesday the 15th of April, Western Australian time (midnight on Monday the 14th, UTC).

Challenge Rules

The host gives you a topic and you post up to three images that fit. Any picture you have taken is eligible regardless of time taken or camera.

The host chooses the winner, second and third places, and any number of honourable mentions, and posts those in a new thread. The host's decision is final. Remember, it's all about fun, sharing, and learning.

The winner of this challenge then hosts the next challenge, judges the winner of that one, and so on it goes. The winner of this challenge will have 48 hours to post the next challenge. If that doesn't happen, 2nd place will have 24 hours to do so, then it's up to 3rd place.

Submission Posting Guidelines

Post each one of your three submissions in its own reply to this post. Give each post a unique Subject, like, "HCB - Derriere la Gare Saint-Lazare", "HCB - Boy With Wine Bottles", and "HCB - Mexican Ladies".

It's best to embed an image in it's post rather than linking to somewhere else (you'll get more views that way). If you want people to give you constructive criticism, ask for C&C.

Feel free to post photos "for exhibition only" if you want to share more than three or won't be available to host the next challenge, just let us know that in your posts.

Size your images to no bigger than around 1,500 pixels wide or 1,000 pixels tall, so those with smaller monitors can see your image at full resolution. Use a reasonable amount of JPEG compression to limit the file size of your entries so we conserve bandwidth.

You can do all the post-processing you want, but try to preserve the EXIF so we can see which camera, lens, and settings were used. If you know the EXIF won't come with the image, let us know that kind of stuff in the text of your post.

Comment Posting Guidelines

Feel free to post comments on the images. If you want to save bandwidth, remove the image from your reply so you just post text.

If you like an image submitted by someone else, click on the green "Like?" thumb on the top right of the post, so we know which images were most popular. The host will make up their own mind which images best fit their topic without being influenced by that.

Some Previous Mini-Challenges

381 A Different View

382 Hidden Beauty

383 Wind in action

384 Let's talk about Cars

385 Abstracts in Nature

386 Children

387 Christmas in the Air

388 All One Color

389 Old Things

390 New Things

391 Mountains and Hills

392 Places of Worship

393 Reflections

394 Cold

395 Pattern(s)

396 Shallow Depth of Field

397 Close-up

398 Pictures of You

399 Family

400 Sign/Signs

-- hide signature --

Check out the unofficial Rebel Talk FAQ.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow