Black and White chip.....Color Camera?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Black and White chip.....Color Camera?
4 months ago

I was out doing some astronomical imaging with my 6D last night with a friend and we were talking about how nice it would be to have a 35mm FF black and white chip.  Since I mostly shoot black and white it would also be a great landscape camera.

A black and white camera lets you do pixel binning which greatly increases the ISO when needed and can provide high resolution when not needed.

Astronomical cameras have a filter wheel with RGB filters for color photography.  Is it possible to incorporate the equivalent of filter wheels into a 35mm body and take three shots in rapid succession and then combine them for a color image??

Yes, I understand that the camera would be useless for sports photography and other "fast" photographic applications. But it would be real handy for those of us interested in astronomical photographs, black and whites, and landscapes.

Not sure what the economics would be and how much demand there would be for a "limited/different capability" camera.

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow