ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nmargison
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
Showing lens info in Aperture with K-3
4 months ago

Hi

With my K7 and K5, when I imported the raw images into Apple's Aperture app, the lens that I had used was always shown.  I have just bought a K3 and imported my first set of images and the lens info shows as 'Unknown'.

I used an appiication, Exifer, to compare the EXIF info between a K5 and a K3 image.  It seems that with the K5, there is a 'Manufacturers Notes' section that contains additional information including a field called 'Lens Type' which on one image showed 8 242 00 (I think it was a 12-24).

The EXIF for the K-3 is showing nothing at all in the 'Manufacturers Notes' section so I presume that is why Aperture is not able to derive and show the lens used.

Am I missing a custom setting somewhere that populates this info in the EXIF or maybe the firmware is just not populating this data in the K3?  Is anyone else seeing the lens type when they view K-3 images in Aperture?

Thanks

Neville

Pentax K-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow