Disapointed in my Df.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
reginalddwight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,003Gear list
Like?
Re: Disapointed in my Df.
In reply to brianric, 7 months ago

If that happened to me, I would be disappointed as well.

Your experience resonates with what the DPR reviewers observed when testing the Df.  I recall they panned the Df for many things, including the AF performance. This is from the DPR review:

"Although rated down to -1EV, the performance of the Df's focus drops off significantly at even moderate indoor lighting levels. Even at an illumination level of around 4.5EV, we've found the camera has to 'hunt' to find focus, and the only reliable way of getting a shot was to use the central focus point to focus-and-recompose from a high-contrast point.

With a bit of perseverance, it will usually find focus eventually (even in genuinely low light), but the amount of work you need to put in to get it to focus is not really acceptable. Overall, the performance is not up to the standards you'd hope for from a camera costing this much money - especially one built around a sensor whose main appeal in this case is its low light performance."

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow