Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,351Gear list
Like?
Re: XF 18 f2.0 Opinions from users.
In reply to jabber54, 4 months ago

jabber54 wrote:

Al Valentino wrote:

Nice shots. Jordan Pond and the sunset from Cadillac Mtn in Acadia, and the lighthouse in south Portland. Recognize the spots!

Thanks! - I'm impressed with your recognition - small correction - Pemaquid Point Lighthouse not Portland. I like both and visit both while I am up there but I think I favor Pemaquid because of those rocks that go right down into the water.

My mistake. I thought it was the lighthouse in south portland as i have seen that rock structure and reflection before and it is similar. I have shot in Acadia many times and often stayed in the blackwoods campground. I tried to shoot the lighthouse in portland once on my way home/south, but I got lost looking for the location and the locals seems to keep directing me the wrong way  i remember the frustration.

If you like hiking the hike to the too of both the bubble mountains, north of Jordan pond, has great views and photo ops. Look north and you get yo shoot eagle lake as well. I also hiked to the top of Cadillac Mountain. The hike to Gorham mountain is also really nice. bring a wide angle lens, including a fisheye, and you will be in for a treat.

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow