Fuji Lens caps

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Patrick T. Kelly
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,061Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji Lens caps
In reply to wyldberi, 7 months ago

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm glad I'm not the only one with problems. I have excellent lens caps for my 18-55mm. I bought them locally, don't know the brand but they're 58mm and made in Germany. They're center-pinch with nothing sticking out on the periphery of the cap or the front of the cap. Very secure and very easy to remove and replace.

My problem is the 39mm cap for the 27mm pancake. Even B&H has only 6 lens caps of 39mm and one of those is a $129 Leica lens cap  another is a $30 Leica and another is the Fuji. Then there is a Kaiser push on and a Sensei screw-in. They have one, plain ole lens cap. Not a center-pinch. It's a Sensei and the only plus I can see is it seems to have a place to tie a string to the cap so you don't lose it immediately.

I rather like the 27mm pancake lens from walking around but I won't use it without a lens cap and 39mm lens caps are almost impossible to find.

I'm going to order five of the Sensei and have my daughter bring them to Mexico when she visits in June. Aaargh!

-- hide signature --

Patrick T. Kelly
Oaxaca, Mexico

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow