New to this forum and have a question

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
vadimraskin
Senior MemberPosts: 3,568Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M1 and 4/3 lenses and latest firmware?
In reply to Guy Parsons, 6 months ago

Guy Parsons wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

Hi there. Just bought an EM1 set up coming from the 4/3 (E-30) and love the camera so far.

Question: since the camera is used, it still has V1.1 FW on it and I've heard that update to 1.3 does something bad to the AF, which I absolutely amazed at so far. I am still shooting with 4/3 glass and have no plans to get m4/3 due to financial reasons so the AF concern is very high on my mind.

I am sure this was discussed on this Forum many times but maybe some good soul wouldn't mind filling the newbee in the issues.

Thanks and looking forward to posting on this Forum.

Not an E-M1 user but I'll answer in order to bump and get more attention.....

So far I've only seen good words about the latest firmware update as it adds the ability to eliminate shutter shock at 1/320 and slower shutter speeds.

With luck an E-M1 plus 4/3 lens user may stroll along and see this thread, but a more appropriate subject line may have better caught their attention.

By the way, save for that 12-40/2.8 lens, it is pure magic on my E-PL5. My 4/3 lenses just sit around unused now.

Regards.... Guy

Thanks, Guy.

i know about 12-40 but in a near future I will have to stick to my old FT glass (not that this is such a bad deal, the glass is amazing)

12-60 sits nicely on EM1 plus grip as it is about the same size as my old E-510 so I am happy. 50 mm F2 came to life on EM1! My old OM 50/1.8 also took some great shots too with Focus Peaking helping to get it in perfect focus. I just love the bokeh on the OM glass, it looks different.

vadimraskin's gear list:vadimraskin's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow