Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
vadimraskin
Senior MemberPosts: 3,585Gear list
Like?
Re: New to this forum and have a question
In reply to jim stirling, 8 months ago

jim stirling wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

Hi there. Just bought an EM1 set up coming from the 4/3 (E-30) and love the camera so far.

Question: since the camera is used, it still has V1.1 FW on it and I've heard that update to 1.3 does something bad to the AF, which I absolutely amazed at so far. I am still shooting with 4/3 glass and have no plans to get m4/3 due to financial reasons so the AF concern is very high on my mind.

I am sure this was discussed on this Forum many times but maybe some good soul wouldn't mind filling the newbee in the issues.

Thanks and looking forward to posting on this Forum.

I did the update and I never saw any difference in AF performance { though the only FT lens I have is the 50-200mm so I cant comment on any other FT glass}. Personally I was hoping for a video upgrade oh well maybe next time

Thanks. I will update tonight.

vadimraskin's gear list:vadimraskin's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow