Fast, cheap MFT camera for wife...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jim stirling
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,369Gear list
Like?
Re: Fast, cheap MFT camera for wife...
In reply to Alan Smith, 8 months ago

Alan Smith wrote:

I have an OMD EM5. (Coming from Canon). I like it a lot. My wife has one of my old Canon bodies but I want to move her to MFT (smaller, lighter.)

Her #1 concern is rapid AF. (The only reason she used a Canon body was so she wouldn't lose shots of active kids.)

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

equipment now in Gear List

I think that an issue for many with the "less expensive" current mFT options is the lack of built in EVF the add on options are quite pricey making buying a model with an EVF quite handy especially for DSLR shooters who may be used to using an eye level finder. When I got my first mFT camera the GF1 i occasionally lifted the camera to my eye before remembering it didnt have one , needless to say I got the add on EVF post haste   As an owner of both Olympus and Panasonic I would consider the Panasonic models as the video quality is a step up compared to Olympus.

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow