A7 + Hexanon 57mm F1.2: weird reflection, please advise (samples inside)

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
darkdirtydwarf
Contributing MemberPosts: 804Gear list
Like?
A7 + Hexanon 57mm F1.2: weird reflection, please advise (samples inside)
7 months ago

Hi everyone, I'm looking for an explanation. As I have no idea of what's going on.

I have a problem with the Hexanon 57mm F1.2 on the A7. As you can see in the samples below, there is a glow at the edge of the frame. It doesn't happen in all images, it depends on the position of the source of light. It's not flare though.

I managed to reduce the problem by using a hood for tele lenses (at the cost of some wignetting) but the problem is not 100% disappeared (though the images look better, more contrast and less glowing). It's not a light leak either (it doesn't happen with other Hexanon lenses).

Does anyoine have any idea that could help me with this issue? This is one of my favourite lenses, but in these conditions I often get ruined pictures (the effect it's ugly, I rather have some usual flare, which at times can be used artistically).

I'll appreciate any suggestion you could gvie me

P.S. No need to judge framing etc, these are just samples to explain at best the problem

Look at the blobs on the left and the brighter spot on the upper right corner.

A ghost on my girlfriends shoulder...

Look left on the window and right on the door.

darkdirtydwarf's gear list:darkdirtydwarf's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
ANSWER:
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow