ZS40/TZ60 Remote Control with iPod Touch?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gordon W
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,496Gear list
Like?
ZS40/TZ60 Remote Control with iPod Touch?
6 months ago

Apparently, the only way to remote control the ZS40/TZ60 is via a smartphone or tablet and wi-fi. I don't have a smartphone but do have an iPod Touch and have installed the 'LUMIX remote' app, but can't get the iPod and ZS40 to connect with each other.

First wall I run into is with the camera. I press the Wi-Fi button, a window opens and says, "Please scan the QR code using 'image App' or enter the password into Wi-Fi settings."

Having no idea how to 'scan the QR code using 'image App' (what am I missing here), I entered the password in the iPod's Wi-Fi settings, but it wouldn't make a connection.

Those instructions are all very cryptic to someone who doesn't already know what they mean.

Can anyone out there tell me in plain English how to get the iPod and ZS40 connected? It would be greatly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Gordon
_
Photography since 1950 • Digital since 1999
My online photo galleries

Gordon W's gear list:Gordon W's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Canon EOS 400D +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow