My dream full-frame camera.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
MoreorLess
Senior MemberPosts: 2,742
Like?
I am actually a bit supprized nobody has tried an updated RD-1...
In reply to robin t, 5 months ago

The old Epson RD-1 rangefinder from years ago is actually not too far off the kind of camera the OP is talking about(minus of course being FF) and I think its notable that dispite being way way out of date tech wise it still commands a good price on the used market.

I can see why nobody has tried to beat Leica when it comes to a truly modern M mount camera but it does seem like there could be a market for a more "authentic" digital M-mount camera, especially if it was cheaper than the Leica's.

Your still not likely talking something "cheap" though I'd guess, I'd be very supprized to see such a camera sell for less than $2000.

The other possible update I spose could be not the M but the old Nikon S system. Seems like a bit of a longshot but Nikon are looking for niche markets recently plus they've shown there prepared to go after the S collectors market in the past with the S3 and SP special editions. Your likely talking about something at Leica prices or perhaps even higher then though.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yuckNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow