Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rmargolis
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Setting up digital darkroom
8 months ago

I am a newbie at digital printing. Experiencing a steep learning curve!! My work is fine art photography, right now principally color.

I have an Epson 3880, a fairly new IMac monitor, and have calibrated it with i1 Display Pro by Xrite. I have a fixture in a high ceiling with incandescent bulbs. I can turn that off. I will cover the window which is around the corner with a shade. Now I would like to set up a system for lighting the prints where the color matches the monitor display color. Buying a viewer is not an option due to the expense. The used ones I found are too old with possible ballast problems and lack of ability to use available bulbs. I plan to use a goose neck lamp and add a shade to the monitor. I have a lamp with incandescent light behind my monitor.

Solux is out of stock on D50 bulbs at 5000K. They do have a bulb at 4700K which they claim is not appreciably different. From what I read, there is a difference that matters. In terms of suppliers and equipment, what are my alternatives?

Thanks for your help!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow