GH3 or the GH4?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
SenicPhoto
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3 or the GH4?
In reply to C Sean, 6 months ago

C Sean wrote:

In the UK there are some great deals going on and I'm very tempted to put some of my hard saved cash down.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/?/panasonic-samsung.html&awc=2298_1396645997_a55d5c2fcf36caa922a305a3f6ce8a51&utm_source=aw

Near the end of the year I should be going on safari if everything goes to plan and the GH4 is the perfect camera for the trip. It's has weather sealing, 0.07 focusing speed and can take 12 fps. It's just the perfect camera for me but I have no interest in video or 4k. So am I wasting money by going to the lastest model?

We have the GH3 and it's almost £600 cheaper compared to the newest model. The money I could save by buying the GH3 instead could go towards a PL 15mm. Make the matters worst the Gh3 comes with a free 25mm and a friend of mine recently had a baby daughter. Make the matters worst he own a GF5 and doesn't have any fast lenses. I could give him my free lens for FREE and this will help him out greatly.

So what would be the better option for me?

GH4 still image quality might have a slight edge over GH3 especially in dynamic range but nothing to write home about. Video will be a differentiator ...

SenicPhoto's gear list:SenicPhoto's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon D610 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow