Does Fujifilm pace their lens releases to to make us buy them all?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,721Gear list
Like?
Re: Does Fujifilm pace their lens releases to to make us buy them all?
In reply to Patrick T. Kelly, 8 months ago

Patrick T. Kelly wrote:

Only the feeble minded allow a private company to "make" them buy anything unless the company has a government approved monopoly.

I've been debating recently about the 14mm versus the 10-24mm zoom. The zoom has versatility, it's a zoom, but the 14mm has an advantage in size and price. I'll probably go with the 14mm. I won't be able to get it till June so I have some time to consider.

-- hide signature --

Patrick T. Kelly
Oaxaca, Mexico

IMO, the decision to buy any particular lens should rest in the knowledge of whether the User has a need for that focal length.

I also believe every photographer is better prepared if they have some combination of lenses that cover the Wide, Standard, and Telephoto focal length ranges. What that would look like is completely an individual decision for everyone to make. A photographer that limits their lens selection to a single 50mm prime lens has restricted their potential.

For me, I like to shoot wide. Besides appreciating the Fuji 14mm's performance characteristics that I find to be nothing short of outstanding, the FOV it produces also happens to be at the limits of how wide I do like to shoot. I rarely get into a situation that requires a wider FOV; buying the 10-24mm is not an issue for me.

For someone else, if they frequently need a 12mm or 10mm lens, then that's the lens they should choose for their stable of lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow