Anyone know why

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Marcos Villaroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,272Gear list
Like?
Look very carefully at the actual seller
In reply to panela, 8 months ago

panela wrote:

Amazon was going to charge me 7.50 for "free" shipping and almost 70 dollars for taxes on my order of the 18 and 60 lenses? I ordered from B&H with no charges whatsoever but really wanted to support this site as I am a frequent reader. However paying almost 80 bucks more did not make any sense.

Any thoughts?

The thing I hate about the Amazon website is that when you do a search and filter on "Amazon Prime", you see the Amazon Prime price with free shipping.  However, when you click through to the item and add it to your shopping cart, you might end up with actually putting in an order with a 3rd party company.  I would double check your shopping cart very carefully to see who is actually fullfilling the order.

If you aren't an Amazon Prime member, you need to double check that all of the items in the cart qualify towards the free shipping.

As for tax, yeah Amazon is collecting it now.

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +39 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow