Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Matty W
Regular MemberPosts: 195
Like?
Battery stuck in 5D Mark III
7 months ago

Not a complicated problem to explain, but very unsettling and I've yet to solve it. I went to replace the battery in my 5D Mark III… tried a couple generic batteries that were out of juice then put in a genuine one… was surprisingly difficult to push in (didn't slide smoothly, lots of friction) but I figured it was seated slightly wrong but ok and pushed it in farther. Now it is stuck in the camera body. The white tab works, there is some play when I move the battery around, but it won't slide out. Stuck in there pretty good, not even sure how... feels like maybe something else is jammed in there keeping it there or the spring is messed up but I can't imagine how.

Help! Need to get it out. Fwiw, the camera works fine with the stuck battery, but that does me no good because it will run out soon and then I've got a $3500 paperweight. :/

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow