Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
afterswish1
Contributing MemberPosts: 689
Like?
Cellist shot with the K-01
5 months ago

Disclaimer: I know virtually nothing about video, this was my first attempt at creating something for public viewing!

This is a YouTube link to a video shot with the the K-01: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-y8DlyMvkA&list=UUSQrKB4akh61FqGT9tBTOpA

I rarely ever use the video mode and therefore have no suitable means of moving the camera around whilst shooting, so it's just a very basic recording of the performance. The performer started before I was properly set up; I was in the process of deciding whether or not to go for higher iso or wider aperture, and believe I should have reduced the iso from 3200 (based on looking at the full resolution result). Since the lens was 28mm I believe dof would not have been a problem, which was my concern at the time. Next time I'll be better prepared!

Anyway, from memory the settings were as follows: 25fps, f5.0, shutter speed 1/50s, iso 3200, and the resolution 1080p. The results were downsized to 720p for upload to YouTube which has reduced the appearance of noise. I think better results could be had using a noise reduction plugin, or as I suggested to the performer, black and white conversion (he preferred colour). Well, shooting at a more appropriate iso would of course been by far the best choice.

I've linked it here in case anyone would like to see an example of the K-01s video quality in the clumsy hands of the unprepared or inept

-- hide signature --

Gravity will make you crazy until you get the hang of it.

Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow