Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Forever Young
Regular MemberPosts: 239Gear list
Like?
Canon 7D for USD 950? Am I crazy?
6 months ago

The price if the 7D in Dubai went down to a point where I really think it is worth's to have one. It costs only USD 950 in Bur Dubai. The 7D Mark II will come out soon, probably with a lot of *video features that I do not need* and for at least for USD 2,000, and then shortly after the 7D will *not* be available as a new body on the market any more, so probably it is a good time to buy a 7D. Recently I have sold many of my previous gear, incl. the 5D III and the 70D to finance my dream, i.e. a 1DX, and I am perfectly happy with my decision... But the 1DX is my only body now and to get a slightly smaller pro grade body with excellent AF tracking and large buffer for USD 950 only seems to be very tempting, even if the technology is not brand new... I think the video SLR technology has changed a lot in the past 5 years, but the still SLR technology has changed much less, so I think with the 7D as my second body I will not be too far behind... And, I still have the 1DX if a really need the power...

Am I crazy?

-- hide signature --

Thanks, Imre

Forever Young's gear list:Forever Young's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 100D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +25 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow