Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jonathan Brady
Senior MemberPosts: 1,764Gear list
Like?
Shot of my daughter with 70D and 24mm f/2.8 IS USM
4 months ago

My daughter is home from preschool for a month due to surgery and my VERY creative wife has been making baby-safe crafts for her to play with.  Here, she made paint out of corn starch, salt, water, and fluorescent food dye.  This was the end of the session.  Obviously nothing glamorous, but I like the shot anyway.

For anyone curious, this was shot at 1/200, f/2.8, ISO100 and I achieved the lower angle by using the articulated LCD and "touch to capture" on the touch screen.  I processed in DPP and added 1/6 of a stop "brightness adjustment" in post, the "Standard" picture style, +1 contrast, +3 color saturation (I never go that high but figured the "paint" warranted it) and sharpened it up.  That's it!

IMO, the 28mm f/2.8 is PLENTY sharp wide open

Jonathan Brady's gear list:Jonathan Brady's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +12 more
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow