Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Justin K
Contributing MemberPosts: 577Gear list
Like?
D300 Upgrade To Different System
8 months ago

I know that has been talked about a lot but haven't seen as much threads speaking of different systems and if so I apologize.

I now only use my D300 for shooting my kids sports both indoors and out.  I use my Sony RX100 for most other pics just out of convenience and far better high ISO performance.  The D300 is great for what I need it for but would like to upgrade to a camera that allows me to use some of the newer technology that is out there.  Also, the low light performance on the D300 is not very good.

Having said that, I would like something that is not Full Frame and has the equivalent or better performance than the D300 i.e. buffer, cont auto focus etc for shooting sports.  I would assume the IQ and other features will be superior just due to 6-7yr newer technology.

With the Nikon lineup there is nothing that intrigues me so I am curious if anyone has gone with another system they really like or would suggest.

Thank you in advance!

Justin K's gear list:Justin K's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D40 Nikon D300
Nikon D300 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow