Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Patrick T. Kelly
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,058Gear list
Like?
Fuji Lens caps
5 months ago

I am new to Fuji and have only two lenses for my X-E1. It came with an 18-55 and the first day I was out shooting the Fuji lens cap fell off three times. I went to some good photo stores in Oaxaca and the third one had a decent 58mm lens cap. Actually, they had two so I bought both.

I am compulsive about using the lens cap. I stroll and shoot in the streets of Oaxaca and if I'm not taking a picture I always have the lens cap on. In only takes a second to pop it off to take a phone.

Putting it back on takes longer and then it sometimes isn't on securely. The little thingies you push to release the lens cap stick out so it it brushes against your sleeve or a passing bush the lens cap can fall off.

I got the 27mm lens, with the 39mm lens cap, and lost it within the first hour. I went straight downtown and discovered there isn't a 39mm lens cap in Oaxaca. I checked B&H and they don't have many, less than a half-dozen, and the best of the bunch looks to be Fuji which is, in my opinion, terrible.

I wish Fuji, especially for the tiny lens cap, had a better designed cap for the lens. If I get another Fuji 39mm I plan on using my Dremel tool to buff off the wings that seem to be designed to make the cap fall off the lens. Without the wings it would be a decent center-pinch lens.

-- hide signature --

Patrick T. Kelly
Oaxaca, Mexico

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow