ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Japosi
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Should I upgrade from D5000 to D7000?
3 months ago

Hi,

I've had my D5000, which was my first DSLR camera, for a few years now. I learned the ins and outs of photography on it, but am now wondering whether it's time to upgrade.

I'm heading to Europe for a graduation trip at the end of the year and I've been wanting to do more video stuff. From what I've read, the D7000 seems like a decent step up - the better high ISO performance and video functions sound good to me. I was considering a canon camera as they seem to generally have better video options; however, I've bought some Nikon lenses over the years so I'd like to just stick with Nikon for the moment. I've also liked some of the new mirrorless cameras that have come out recently, especially for travel, but I think I might hold off on one for the time being.

I was thinking that I could upgrade to a second-hand D7000 for now and then in a few years get a mirrorless camera (which will hopefully have better video functions by then).

So what do you guys think? Is it worth it to upgrade? Or should I stick with the D5000?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5000 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow