Impression on XT-1 and 56mm/1.2, plus some thoughts on upcoming 16-55 f2.8 and 50-140 f2.8 lenses.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve W
Contributing MemberPosts: 544Gear list
Like?
Re: Impression on XT-1 and 56mm/1.2, plus 16-55 f2.8 and 50-140 f2.8 lenses.
In reply to jennyrae, 6 months ago

There is no question in my mind after owning Fuji equipment along side my Canon gear for about the last 2.5 years that the Fuji APS-C system will always be smaller and lighter than FF, even when the make f/1.2 primes or f/2.8 zooms. The key will be is it small enough? There original 18-55 f/2.8-4 is great. The f/2.8 I'm sure will be great as well just larger and heavier. Just like all the f/4 zooms Canon and Nikon make are smaller and lighter than their f/2.8 brothers. Or why a 23mm f1.4 prime is bigger than a 23mm f/2.0 prime. Physics is physics. For me I'd rather own the 14mm f/2.8, 23mm f/1.4 and 56mm f/1.2 since I'm more concerned about weight when I hold the camera than the weight on my shoulder which isn't much different.  I know the 10-24 is much bigger than the 14mm. Some want speed, flexibility, and the convince of not changing lens, some like fast primes, and some want lighter and are more than willing to accept the loss of one stop. Heck, Leica realized this more than 75 years ago. I just want the flexibility to choose which as Fuji grows this lens line we are getting. Now if I could just get a 90mm f/2 or f/2.4 with IS that would be great.

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7R +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow