Colour management experts-How do get colours correct for web??

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yorkshirerob
Regular MemberPosts: 279Gear list
Like?
Colour management experts-How do get colours correct for web??
5 months ago

Can anyone help me out....I work in Adobe RGB1998, and my agencies/clients tend to work in the same colour space, so that's all good. Also, prints look great..

I recently purchased a colour calibrated Eizo display which is superb.

The problems arise when I convert my images to sRGB for web upload. I simply convert in photoshop using 'Edit > Convert to Profile > sRGB' . Using Internet Explorer the web images look at times very over-saturated on the Eizo, unless I switch it to sRGB mode.

Using another browser like Firefox, they look OK. I understand that Firefox automatically detects the colour space, where IE doesn't.

That's all fine - but I know from Analytics that lots of peeps viewing my site do use Internet Explorer. I have people viewing using 27" Macs in Adobe RGB and some folks on very basic home PCs presumably set to sRGB.

So my question is:-

Is there any way to standardise colours so they look roughly the same to all viewers regardless of monitor or browser?

When I view many professional photographer's websites they look fine regardless of browser, which I find confusing.

Please help if you can!

Rob

yorkshirerob's gear list:yorkshirerob's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CMYKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow