My dream full-frame camera.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Osssis
Regular MemberPosts: 359Gear list
Like?
Re: My dream full-frame camera.
In reply to robin t, 8 months ago

So basically you need that waporware electronic film and you are good to go! or a digital back for old slr.

The problem with digital is that you can't get that superior battery-life if you use sensor that needs power. Unless you can generate enough electricity with that advancing lever ;)!

Actually digital back for a slr would be still pretty plausible to make if you had a certain model that you could make it and sell bucket loads of them. The market is probably too niche though for any practical use as it would require everyone to have that specific camera or them to get it. You would have to make it so that the the backplate is switched and batteries & electronics are in a different compartment. Preferably under the camera in vertical grip. Medium format backs seem to be too deep and give you a good example on much that digital back could cost. See Nikon The Hawkeye II for example.

If the cost was decent I would most certainly want one for Minolta 9000 as it has AF and advancing lever!

Osssis's gear list:Osssis's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Samsung NX11 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yuckNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow