Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ramos1116
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
FZ200 For Photojournalism
8 months ago

Hello everyone, I am a LONG time reader of these forums and finally created an account to post.

My wife is a newspaper Photojournalist here in our hometown and I have been contemplating getting an FZ-200 for a while now as a spare/keep in our car camera to shoot breaking news type images that we may come across here in L.A. County and also for times when her 70-200mm lenses aren't enough.

I have been very impressed with my previous Panny cameras like the ZS-3 and LX-7, so I decided to go for it and make the order. I have had the FZ-200 for less then a week and took it with us tonight when we left home to grab some dinner. Sure enough, we came across a high speed pursuit and I had a chance to use it for it's intended purpose. As we pulled up to the scene which we did by following the police helicopter , I told my wife to crank the ISO up. She thought nothing of taking it up to iso 3200 (because she only shoots with SLR's) and I didnt have time to lower it in the rush to capture some frames.

I have not had any time to learn the details of the camera controls and shot these under Aperture mode at 2.8 . I cant wait to actually start shooting in RAW and Manual exposure.

After running the images through Topaz Labs Denoise plug in and some sharpening, the images came out very well for a small censor point and shoot. I am very impressed so far with the FZ-200 and am thinking of buying another for her to carry on the job as a back up camera. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I will post more images from this great little camera.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow