Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Artificialillumination
Regular MemberPosts: 141
Like?
K3 Moire
5 months ago

During a recent shoot in the studio, I saw my first real example of moire in some of my shots. Reading the comments below the K3 ongoing review, it made me realize that before I saw this moire, I thought the AA filter simulation was one of those things I'd never want or need to use. After seeing this moire (and wanting to avoid it in the future), I'll have to play around with the AA filter simulation feature to get familiar with it.

This is probably the ~20th shoot I've used the K3 for, and my first real issue with moire, as you can see below.

100% crop of her shirt:

Of course, it wasn't until I got back to my computer and started editing that I saw it. I'll now know to keep a better eye on fabrics, but it's hard to spot on the fly if you're not looking for it:

Pentax K3, without the AA filter simulation, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art (f/4, 1/180s at ISO100)

I never thought I'd need to use the AA filter simulation, but if I see this pop up again, I might have to test it out. Does anyone shoot with it on by default?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow