Nikon 105 for butterfly collection

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
TQGroup
Contributing MemberPosts: 751Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon APS-C for more DOF
In reply to labalaba, 5 months ago

Thanks for the suggestion... I'll have a chat to my assistants... I, myself and me. Seriously, I expect to have competent assistance.

The method of associating the specimen with its picture and its data will probably be decided on the "best way" to input specimen capture data into a current or future "scientific" database most applicable to the area of capture and that is unlikely to be the Australian database.

Photographing specimens with a simple unique identifier, eg number on a sticker that can be replaced in the display case with the specimen is simpler and hence much faster than "mucking about" with labels and tags of different sizes, shapes and even multiples per specimen. And this is still likely to be our preferred method of image capture as the data entry can be done at leisure by other cost-effective means.

However, if someone already has a cataloging process in place for the region, we would be crazy to ignore it and to try to integrate with it. Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts!

TQGroup's gear list:TQGroup's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow