B&H Photo Help needed today!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,595Gear list
Like?
Think about it
In reply to No Regrets, 4 months ago

B&H will allow you to return a camera if you change your mind. But they have some limits:

• If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to B&H within 30 days of purchase date subject to conditions below.
  • All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in their original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
  • I also think there is some limit to the number of shutter clicks for returned cameras. Something like 200.

I don't know precisely what they do, but logic tells you that they probably inspect and check each return, then if it is in brand new condition they probably carefully repackage it and resell it as brand new.

And this is a reasonable thing for them to do for both themselves and their customers.

It is no different than selling a pair of shoes that someone has tried on, or selling a new car that someone took for a test drive. The merchandise is still brand new, and is not defective in any way.

Some people would expect them to sell it as "used" or as "open box" and just eat the loss. But any sensible person knows they cannot "eat the loss"... they must pass that cost on to their next customer. If you demand that any product you buy be untouched by human hands, and then also demand generous return privileges, then you will pay more for everything you buy. Or, you will end up paying a 20% restocking fee to cover this cost.

I'm really not sure if this is what they do, but it would be the logical and sensible thing for them to do.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow