Nikon 105 for butterfly collection

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
TQGroup
Contributing MemberPosts: 645Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon APS-C for more DOF
In reply to dave gaines, 3 months ago

Thanks again for your thoughts. The issue of required DOF is still to be resolved. There are now 3 possible approaches (vide earlier post today re Museum's approach); 1. very high quality specimen photography with a unique identifier number, 2. high quality specimen photography with actual data card/s next to specimen and in focus, or 3. lower "cataloging" quality photos of specimens with data card/s in focus plus some very high specimen photos.

While I personally prefer approach "1", the data entry requirements of the vital capture data make options "2" and "3" very attractive to the owners of the collection.

Based on what I learned yesterday, I now plan to contact the relevant Museums in SE Asia to determine if they had a digitizing / cataloging system that we should "plug" into.

Morals of this developing story... (1) its the photographer who is responsible for putting the smile on everyone's face and (2) the customer/s usually do not know what they really want but they do know when they are satisfied/happy/delighted afterwards!

TQGroup's gear list:TQGroup's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow