sold my ff gear..what next ?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Tommot1965
Contributing MemberPosts: 887
Like?
Re: sold my ff gear..what next ?
In reply to toomanycanons, 5 months ago

to be honest anything less than the D800 that I owned with the trinity of F2.8 glass and 50mm1.8 prime is a step backwards....but now my photography is taking a backseat to all the other things in my life right now I could get used to a much simpler set up ..it doesn't get much simpler than a fixed lens I guess...but yes a zoom would be helpful.

just been looking through flicker at sample x100s images..it does look like a tight ii camera head shot will give me the land of big noses and ears..so perhaps this isnt the camera for me...

toomanycanons wrote:

Tommot1965 wrote:

the x100s is now a front runner..I like leaf shutter and high flash sync speeds that it brings to the party..plus the inbuilt 3 stop ND filter...my only concern is the fixed 28mm lens ( 35mm on ff)...not really a people portrait lens ..im concerned it will distort people's features too much for a decent head and shoulders image ?

Opting at this point for a fixed lens seems like a real step backwards. Maybe it's what your inner photographer has been lusting for all this time "and look, Martha, only one focal length! How cool and liberating!!" but it would drive me nuts. Lots of choices out there with at least a 3x optical zoom.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow