Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yenda
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
How to do photo "a good one"
6 months ago

I'm a beginner and I'm still learning... I extremely struggle with winter photos. By winter, I don't mean snow, I mean a dull lighting, grey everything style of shots...

I did this photo a couple of weeks ago:

Still, when I look at it, it seems that it is not really good. IMHO one of the problems on this photo is compositional -- something in the foreground would make it more interesting, right? Second problem is colors, at least to me -- but I messed with postprocessing a lot and this is all I managed... There were no colors, mostly.

I mean, I like the shot, but the question is: is it a picture looking at for other people?

How about these

While these are perhaps compositionally better (the latter might benefit from a tighter crop perhaps?), still dull.

I had rented the glass and now I have at least the proof that it's not in how much money you spend on the lenses. What I'm asking is, what I'm doing wrong? What I can do at an winter overcast dull day with no clouds, no sun, no colors?  What do you see when you look at those pictures?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow