For those of you seed to touch shutter, do you miss them on your NEX cameras?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Caris
Regular MemberPosts: 289
Like?
Re: For those of you seed to touch shutter, do you miss them on your NEX cameras?
In reply to sean lancaster, 8 months ago

sean lancaster wrote:

Caris wrote:

Yes, for the flexible focus point, touch to focus on the screen is very useful and very fast.

What's the point of using the wheel and having to scroll the arrows left, right up and down when you can just touch the exact point on the screen ( even in extreme corners )?

I will certainly miss this feature on the a6000 if I ever get it ( not so sure now that I've seen the Imaging Resource samples as to my eyes the results at all ISO settings are worse than N7 or N6 to 5N ).

I have touch to set the focus point on my NEX 5N and use it all the time. On my A7 I miss it very much. I don't often use the EVF as I prefer shooting with the LCD and I find using the wheel to move the focus point entirely cumbersome. I just shoot with the center focus point and crop later, unfortunately. On my NEX 5N, I rarely had to do that since I could just touch an eye, for example, and have it in focus using the composition I desired.

-- hide signature --

Exactly. But I'm afraid this means you just can't be a "proper" photographer ( even though your results speak for themselves! ) 

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow