Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marvin Doering
Senior MemberPosts: 1,580Gear list
Like?
How familiar are you with your camera?
8 months ago

I have bought a number of cameras over the years and they all come with extensive owners manuals that are supposed to enable you to become expert in the use of the camera.  My question for you is do you really know how to use all the features offered by your camera?  I'm guessing some pros who use their cameras every day for several hours become quite proficient in using certain aspects of their cameras abilities, but I wonder if even they could take a quiz on all the options and get a hundred percent.  I guess it is because I am older but I always start out with the intentions to learn all aspects of my wonderful machine but find the manuals boring.  I usually set the camera on aperture preferred, F8, and may vary the ISO for certain conditions but beyond that I am a point and shooter.  I would like to hear from the rest of you.

-- hide signature --

MRD

Marvin Doering's gear list:Marvin Doering's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow