Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Klarno
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,310Gear list
Like?
Photos from years past
4 months ago

I've been going through all my photos lately, rebuilding my website for a brave new world full of retina displays, and I've found a few photos here and there that either I didn't really think that much of at the time, or have just forgotten about because of even newer photos.

Adobe's 2012 process on a 2008 camera is like having new photos all over again. Kinda makes me a little bit want to dig out my E-520 again...

E-520, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8. Grand Teton National Park

Grand Teton, where winter resolutely extends into May: I had brought my Camelbak bladder into my tent with me. I guess I rolled onto it or something, cause I woke up that morning with the entire bottom of my tent drenched and with two inches of snow on the ground. I ended up driving to Yellowstone and back with the heater on full blast just to try to warm up and then I bought a towel at the K-mart in Jackson...

E-520, 14-42 f/3.5-5.6. Arches National Park.

Perhaps more than any other, this photograph was the shape of things to come for me. I've since found that my best landscape photography is generally at dusk.

This is also when I found the only use for the AF assist strobe on the E-520. The flashlight I brought with me wasn't bright enough, with the ever dimming light it wasn't enough to even see the next cairn. So I popped up the flash on the camera and started pulsing it on the way down. And the next day I bought a Black Diamond headlamp in a mountaineering store in Moab.

Go ahead, go back in time to when you were a different person, when you were a different photographer, and find the photos you've forgotten about!

-- hide signature --
 Klarno's gear list:Klarno's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 A3000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Olympus E-520
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow