Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
munro harrap
Contributing MemberPosts: 755
Like?
D800 red shift problem
8 months ago

My D800 oversaturates reds and shifts them, such that they are more orange. It makes some pinks uncorrectable and this range of hues pops out at the viewer making video a non-option as the background comes further forward than the forgeround. Crowd scenes and red sports gear are an absolute nightmare as good work takes hours of correction and never looks as you saw it- and I'm on a really good monitor now.

Before I got this monitor I just used our office/homework 1080p Dell, but there's no accracy or ARGB on it and it just showed everything at a fraction of D800 resolution and in sRGB-disguising the horrors to come!

It has been back twice and its faults are a lot more serious visually than the D600 dust problem.

They are replacing a main printed circuit board in a body using lead-free solder. I am just beginning to wonder how many of us are sailing right into an expensive junkyard of gear that cannot be repaired when the circuits fail, lenses and grips too.

The colour problem is almost identical to the Canon 1Ds MkII sensor of 2004- so it appears there is no progress if my machine is like everyone else's.

Can you guys do reds and pinks? Can you photograph in India or Morocco? I know I cannot with mine as it is, but I thought mine was the same as everyone else's. Is it? I know nobody else with a D800 to check.

Any advice or help appreciated.

Canon EOS-1Ds Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MythNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow