Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhilBar1
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Canon Rumors and 1DX
8 months ago

Just read the article on CR about the possible issue with the 1DX auto focus and cold weather. I find it interesting that over a year after the so called issue, this document appears on how to handle the auto focus issue. I have had my 1DX since before the January 2013 date of the document and have not any issues in cold, (freezing weather).  If you read the specs, the operating temperature for the 1DX is 32-104 degrees Fahrenheit or 0-40 degrees Celsius. Obviously Freezing is below the temperatures listed on the recommended environment for the camera. With that said, I have not had or do not personally know anyone who has had the focusing issue in cold temps and yes I know many many people will use their cameras in those conditions, (me included), no debate here. It appears that Canon will resolve the issue if an individual has a problem.

Now CR is reporting that there other internal Canon documents about other products. True or not, seems like a disgruntled employee. CR does not know if they will post the other documents.

It states:

"Yesterday we posted an internal service advisory for the Canon EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C. These are advisories that are only known to a select few within Canon and not told to the consumers."

When I see "select few", the flags go up.  CPS does not even know about the mirror box issues.  If this was a real problem or "conspiracy",  I do not know if Canon Rumors would be the place I would go with the info.  My take, if my camera works with no issue then I do not have a problem.  If something happens and I find out a problem is was hidden, then there are ways to deal with it.  Personally Canon has always worked with me even if the camera is out of warranty.

I guess my whole point hear, Canon Rumors is what it says, Rumors.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow