Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,897Gear list
Like?
Re: m3/4 mirrorless vs sony mirrorless
In reply to peevee1, 8 months ago

peevee1 wrote:

yonsarh wrote:

thx for the additional informations. AF will not be issue because my main use will be using only a manual focus lens from Nikon . As I see it on Amazon, both a6000 and gx7 are somewhat same price,which fits perfect on my budget.

Then buy a6000.

I completely disagree. The difference IBIS will make more than makes up for the sensor size difference. When you add in the fact that the GX7 offers features the sony doesn't like silent mode, and has better video, i think the GX7 is a far better choice. This plus if the OP ever decides to buy more native lenses, he's in a much better position with MFT.

If a person just likes the style, or simply the brand, then there's no point in trying to reason. In this case if we are to compare fairly, even with manual lenses the GX7 offers more. EVF is better, it's loaded with features from time lapse (try a few hours of time laps with a mechanical shutter and see what your shutter count jumps to) to focus peaking in video, to PIP magnification (with peaking). IMO it's the most loaded camera you can buy for the price (which is usually priced at $750).

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow