Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FFN Photos
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Lens questions
3 months ago

Not sure if I have this in the correct thread but I'll give it a shot.

I take photos at some of the local Car Race tracks

I have a sigma 70-200 f2.8 lens, I'm finding out at some tracks I'm Too close to the track, even when zoomed the whole way out, I've been thinking of getting another lens that would work at the tracks that im close to.. At some tracks taking steps back is not an option cease I might be back against the fence already, whats something good to try to find..

I was thinking maybe one of these unless there is something different anyone suggests I know most time a F2.8 would be best.. I use a canon 40D but I'm not big on any certian brand lens.. Canon, sigma, tamron anything.

Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM

Canon 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM

Just want to hear some thought of what one of these would be better or if there is something better then both of these out there, like I said brand don't matter but I would try to find the cheaper brand.

FFN Photos's gear list:FFN Photos's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow