What is your experience using Sony A850 Vertical Grip -- Genuine VG-C90AM versus 3rd Party??

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
quallsphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 170
Like?
What is your experience using Sony A850 Vertical Grip -- Genuine VG-C90AM versus 3rd Party??
5 months ago

I recently acquired a Sony A850, and am about to purchase a vertical grip for it. I mostly shoot portraits and occasional weddings, and have used both genuine and 3rd party vertical grips for years . . . going back to the old "power winders" for my Minolta X-700 and XD-11 film cameras.

What are your experiences with Vertical Grips for Sony cameras, especially the A850. A new 3rd party vertical grip for this camera costs less than a third of the price of a used genuine Sony VG-C90AM grip. . . Besides duplication of the joystick pointer, are there any other benefits? Is the Sony grip weather-resistant? Do the 3rd party grips hold up after months of use?

DQ

www.quallsphotography.com

ANSWER:
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow