Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fish Chris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,648Gear list
Like?
? about C1, C2, and C3 modes ?
3 months ago

So, right before I received my 7D, I was looking through all of the specs and features (online) and I was pretty stoked about the custom preset modes, C1, C2, and C3.

I like the idea of getting my camera dialed in "at least in the ballpark" before I get started. I have a Canon point and shoot (which I absolutely LOVE, for self taken sportfish shots) the Canon A650IS, which has a single "C" mode. And let me tell you what, I have that camera so dialed in, that I can consistently take sportfish shots that are as good as you might ever see. {funny... I don't think I'd ever make such a statement, about my general photography with my DSLR :)}

~~~~~~~~~~~~

However, the first time I tried to use a 'C' mode in my 7D, it kept reverting back to my original preset, and it messed me up every time With my old A650IS, you could tweak a preset quickly, and easily, and it would remain set with these on-the-spot tweaks, until you turned the camera off, then turned it back on. Then, if you wanted to save these tweaks as your new preset, you simply click a few buttons, bam.

I can see a time when you might prefer the camera to reset back to the original settings you have set for a 'C' mode.... but for me, it would be better not to revert back on its own, most of the time.

Is there a way to make my 7D "not revert back" to my original 'C' mode settings ?

Much thanks,

Fish

Fish Chris's gear list:Fish Chris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM
Canon EOS 7D Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow