Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,362Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic GF3 and 100-300 lens in St. Petersburg
In reply to Electriq, 6 months ago

Electriq wrote:

Thank you for 'thinking algorithm'!

BTW, the dome on the first photo (which you called 'minaret') is a part of Church of the Savior on Blood (at 1,8 km distance; I'm not religious, just architecture).

"Thinking algorithm" is interesting.   I hadn't thought of it that way.   Actually I suspect that it is a heuristically derived algorithm, not to be followed tooooo tightly.

Thank you for the correction and the link to a very interesting site.

In one of your other posts you make an analogy to an audio presentation.   Yes, one of the functions of the artist is to not only produce an engaging set of sounds but to "mix" it in such a way that it appeals to an audience.  Both are required as neither the production nor the "mixing" is sufficient by themselves.  In the same way a good photo has to be well made at the time of exposure and well presented (processed) at the time of "development".

t

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow